June 28, 2019
INGREDIENTS – Serves 2
- 300g Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 60g Almond Meal
- 320g Cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 200g Yellow Capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 640g Zucchini (roughly diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2cm piece of Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ Turmeric Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Tamari
1. In a large pot, add 1.5 litres of water, bring to the boil and add the Cauliflower. Cook for about 5 minutes to soften then remove carefully using a slotted spoon. Keep liquid.
2. Roughly chop the garlic, ginger and add to the water along with 2 Tablespoons Tamari. Simmer while you make your meatballs.
3. In a food processor, add the Chicken and blitz into a fine mince.
4. Place in a bowl and add the 2 Tablespoons Tamari and Curry powder. Mix thoroughly then add the almond meal and again mix thoroughly.
5. Using wet hands, shape the Chicken mixture into small meatballs then lower into the simmering water using a spoon.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes until the meatballs are cooked then remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
7. Add the diced Zucchini to the pot and cook for about 6 – 8 minutes.
8. Using a stick blender, blitz the soup until it is a thick soup.
9. Separate the soup between 2 bowls. Add half the cooked Cauliflower to each bowl and place half the sliced raw Capsicum in the centre.
10. Top the soup with half the meatballs and garnish with a drizzle of Tamari and some fresh Coriander leaves.