August 1, 2019
- 100g Turkey Mince
- 1 Tomato (fruit allowance) (diced)
- 170g Cabbage (outer leaves)
- 1 Spring Onion (sliced finely)
- 1 Teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon Tamari Soy
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ Teaspoon Psyllium Husks (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Squeeze of Lime
1. Try to get 1 large Cabbage leaf (80g approx) and blanch it in boiling water for about 4 minutes. Remove from water, rinse in cold water and dry with paper towel. Set aside.
2. Slice the remaining Cabbage.
3. In a hot non stick frying pan, cook the Turkey mince for 2 minutes.
4. Add the Spring Onion (reserve a few slices for garnish), diced Tomato, Curry powder, Tamari, Lemon Juice and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the Cabbage and cook, mixing often, for about 4 minutes.
6. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste then add Psyllium Husks if it needs thickening. Then remove from the heat.
7. Place Cabbage leaf on a cutting board, place Turkey mix into the Cabbage leaf and wrap/roll.
8. Place Cabbage Burrito onto a lined baking tray and into the oven at 160c for about 5 to 7 minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn but you do want some colour.
9. Remove from the oven, slice in half and serve on a plate.
10. Garnish with Spring Onion slices, a drizzle of Lime juice and a sprinkle of cracked Black Pepper.
Love your guts!